This recipe for BBQ Pork Steaks popped up in my YouTube feed and looked good. I’m always down to stretch a dollar and turning a pork butt into several steaks sounded like a delicious plan to me.
Gather the ingredients.
- 2 Pork Steaks
- 2 tbsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Pink Curing Salt
- Avocado Oil
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp. BBQ Rub
- ½ cup Shiner Bock Beer
- Presto Indoor Smoker
- Post Oak wood chips
- Aluminum Foil
Let’s go to work.
- Cut the pork butt into 1½ inch steaks. I was able to get four out of mine and used two for this experiment.
- Mix salt and pepper and make sure they are combined.
- Apply some Avocado Oil as a binder, then season each steak with the salt/pepper mix.
- Let the steaks rest for about 10 minutes to let the pink salt start doing its thing.
- Place the steaks in the smoker and set it to “Combo” smoke for five hours.
- Let the steaks smoke until they reach an internal temperature of around 160 °F.
- Combine the mop ingredients in a bowl or cup, mix well, then mop the steaks all over.
- Keep flipping and mopping the steaks every 10 – 15 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of around 190 °F.
- At 190 °F., mop the steaks one more time and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Let the wrapped steaks ride in the smoker for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- ‘Nuff said! Pull the BBQ Pork Steaks and let them rest for a few minutes, then cut them up and enjoy!