There is nothing new or special here, just experimenting with a new rub on some spareribs cooked in the oven.
Gather the ingredients.
Let’s go to work.
- Combine molasses, pink salt and liquid smoke in a bowl or cup, mix well, then mop the ribs all over with the glaze.
- Combine all the spices in a shaker, mix well, then dust the ribs all over, being sure to get it in all the cracks and crevices.
- Preheat oven to 250 °F.
- Let the seasoned ribs rest for about 15-30 minutes while the oven comes up to temperature.
- Place the ribs on the center rack and cook for five hours unwrapped.
- ‘Nuff said! Pull those Savory Spareribs out of the oven, let them rest for a few minutes, then enjoy!