I recently bought a Ninja Woodfire Grill & Smoker to take my apartment barbecuing to the next level and smoked a 3lb brisket point as my first experiment.
Gather the ingredients.
- 3 lb. Brisket Point
- Better Than Bouillon Store Beef Base
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- Ninja Woodfire Grill & Smoker
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
Let’s go to work.
- Trim the brisket point as necessary.
- Rub a thin layer of Better Than Bouillion on the brisket to act as a binder.
- Apply a liberal coating of the rub of your choice, I used Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub.
- Rather than putting the brisket directly on the grill, I used the trivet from my Ninja Instant Cooker to keep the bottom of the brisket from burning.
- I used the Robust blend of pellets that came with the smoker and set the temperature to 225 °F.
- I used the thermometer and MANUAL mode to cook until the brisket reached an internal temperature of 205 °F.
- When the cooking was complete, I removed the brisket, put it in a freezer bag and used my Joule to let it rest in a water bath set to 145 °F. for a few hours.
- ‘Nuff said! I pulled the brisket point of water bath, then sliced it up to enjoy!