This recipe for Tuscan Smoked Beef Ribs showed up recently on the All Things BBQ YouTube channel, and I finally found some decent beef ribs at Walmart. I’ve wanted to recreate a beef rib recipe indoors for a month, so here we go.
Gather the ingredients.
- One rack of center-cut, beef back beef ribs
- Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steak Seasoning
- Avocado Oil
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Presto Indoor Smoker
- Pecan wood chips
- Cherry wood chips
- Post Oak wood chips
- Aluminum Foil
Let’s go to work.
- Trim the center-cut beef ribs as needed.
- Coat the beef ribs with a little bit of avocado oil to act as a binder and then give a light coating of the Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steak Seasoning.
- Let the ribs rest for about 10 minutes to let the rub start doing its thing.
- Place a combination of Pecan, Cherry, and Post Oak chips in the smoking cup, or use your favorite wood chip.
- Place the ribs in the smoker and set it to “Hot” smoke for three hours.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker, and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Tightly wrap ribs in two layers of foil with about ½ a cup of Cabernet Sauvignon as a braise.
- Place ribs in the center of the oven with the meat-side down.
- Cook for another hour or until you’ve achieved your desired tenderness.
- Pull the Tuscan Smoked Beef Ribs when they hit an internal temperature around 210°F and let them rest for 15-30 minutes, then cut them up or shred and enjoy!