I saw this recipe on ATBBQ.com a while ago and finally got around to giving it a try using my indoor barbeque techniques. I also cut a few corners and used Frank’s Buffalo Wing sauce and a habanero sauce I had on hand.
Gather the ingredients.
- 7-9 Whole Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp. Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Pecan Liquid Smoke
- ⅔ cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Habanero Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Celery Seed
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Ninja Foodi Grill or Oven
Let’s go to work.
- Rinse wings and place a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- Add the smoked salt and liquid smoke to the bag of wings, move everything around to coat the wings evenly.
- Cook the wings sous vide at 185°F for one hour.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, and remove the wings, placing them in a bowl.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi Grill to “Air Fry” at 400 °F; however, you can also do this in the oven.
- Set the wings in the air fry basket and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the remaining ingredients well and set aside.
- Once the skin on the wings is nice and crispy, pull them out and place them in a large bowl. Pour some of the sauce over the wings and toss until evenly coated. Keep saucing and tossing to your liking.
- ‘Nuff said! Plate up some of those Honey Habanero Buffalo Wings and enjoy!