Jerk Shrimp & Veggies is a simple meal I threw together one night using what I had on hand. I’d never tried cooking shrimp sous vide or jerked, and this more than exceeded my expectations.
Gather the ingredients.
- 1 ½ Lb. of Jumbo or Colossal Shrimp
- 2 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp. Oakridge Jah Love Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Hickory Smoked Salt
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
Let’s go to work.
- Combine the salt and sugar, then sprinkle over the shrimp in a bowl.
- Toss shrimp until evenly coated and let sit for 10-15 minutes to cure.
- While waiting for the shrimp, combine the jerk seasoning with the oil in a Ziploc bag and mix well.
- Remove the cure by gently rinsing shrimp in cold water.
- Add shrimp to the bag and move them around until covered evenly in the jerk paste.
- Now, arrange the shrimp into an even layer in the bag — overlapping results in uneven cooking.
- Cook the shrimp sous vide at 140°F for 15 minutes.
- ‘Nuff said! Remove the Jerk Shrimp from the bag and serve hot, or chill and serve cold.