Skip to content
Gather the ingredients.
Let’s go to work.
- Mix salt and pink salt and make sure they are combined.
- Season the quarters evenly. The pink salt is optional but is essential to creating a “smoke ring.”
- Let the chicken rest in the salt brine for about 10 minutes.
- Combine syrup, pepper and liquid smoke in a saucepan on medium heat and mix well.
- Place the chicken into a ziplock-style bag, then add in half of the glaze.
- Cook sous vide for 3 hours at 158 °F.
- Remove bags from water and allow them to cool a bit. I put these in the refrigerator overnight to dry the skin out, but that’s an optional step.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi Grill to 500 °F; however, you can also do this in the oven under the broiler.
- First, place the quarters onto the grill, meat side down and skin side up to allow the skin of the chicken to dry while the meat side browns.
- Once the skin has dried, flip them over, skin side down, and render it until it’s nice and crispy.
- Remove the quarters from the grill, and mop them with the remaining half of the glaze.
- ‘Nuff said! Let them rest for a few minutes while the glaze sets, then serve them up and enjoy!