I’m always looking for new plant-based recipes to try, and this one reminded me to go back to the basics. This Grilled Veggie Skewers recipe from The Sauce makes for a quick, healthy, and light mid-week meal.
Gather the ingredients.
- 1½ cups Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp. Chicago Steak Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Texas Honey
- ½ lb. Fingerling Potatoes
- ½ lb. Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 3 Jalapeños
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Cucumber
- ½ Lemon
- Hickory Smoked Salt
- Ninja Foodi Grill
Let’s go to work.
- Parboil the fingerling potatoes until almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Parboil the Brussels sprouts until almost tender, about 7 minutes.
- Thread the like veggies together onto some skewers. Put the Brussels sprouts and potatoes each onto their skewers.
- Set the Foodi Grill to its High grill setting.
- Combine the Avocado Oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, honey, and Chicago Steak Seasoning in a pint-sized mason jar.
- Using a long silicone basting brush, stir the mopping sauce, baste the grilled veggie skewers’ tops, and immediately transfer to the grill.
- Grill until lightly charred and softened on both sides, basting occasionally.
- Remove all veggies from the skewers and mix in a large serving dish or sheet pan.
- Squeeze the juice of half of a lemon over the mixed veggies.
- Salt to taste and enjoy.