Here is my take on one of my all-time food court favorites, Bourbon Chicken, but as wings! The wings are marinated, cooked sous vide, air-fried with baking powder for a crispy finish, then tossed and sauced. This recipe takes time, so plan if you want to try it.
Gather the ingredients.
- 7-9 Whole Chicken Wings
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Hosin Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Ninja Foodi Grill or Oven
Let’s go to work.
- Rinse wings and place a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- Mix all the ingredients except the baking powder, sugar, chicken stock, corn starch, and water in a bowl and combine well.
- Set aside ½ cup of the marinade.
- Add the rest of the marinade to the bag of wings, move everything around to coat the wings evenly, place in the refrigerator overnight, flipping the bag occasionally.
- The next day, cook the wings sous vide at 160°F for two hours.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, and remove the wings, placing them in a bowl.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi Grill to “Air Fry” at 400 °F; however, you can also do this in the oven.
- Sprinkle in half of the baking powder and toss wings to coat. Repeat with the remaining baking powder until they are all covered evenly.
- Set the wings in the air fry basket and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and marinade that you set aside earlier. Combine well and set aside.
- Once the skin on the wings is nice and crispy, pull them out and place them in a large bowl. Pour some of the sauce over the wings and toss until evenly coated. Keep saucing and tossing to your liking.
- ‘Nuff said! Plate up some of those Bourbon Chicken Wings and enjoy!