Here is my go-to recipe when I am craving Chick-fil-A nuggets on a Sunday, or any day, really. The wings are marinated, cooked sous vide, then air-fried for a crispy finish. This recipe takes time, so plan if you want to try it.
Gather the ingredients.
- 7-9 Whole Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Pickle Juice
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp. Ranch Seasoning Powder
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 1½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp. White Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Accent (MSG)
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Dry Milk Powder
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Ninja Foodi Grill or Oven
Let’s go to work.
- Rinse wings and place a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- Mix the pickle juice, almond milk, and ranch seasoning powder in a bowl and combine well.
- Pour the marinade into the bag of wings, move everything around to coat the wings evenly, place in the refrigerator overnight, flipping the bag occasionally.
- The next day, cook the wings sous vide at 160°F for two hours.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, and remove the wings, placing them in a bowl.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi Grill to “Air Fry” at 400 °F; however, you can also do this in the oven.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker bottle or bowl, and combine well.
- Sprinkle in half of the baking powder and toss wings to coat. Repeat with the remaining baking powder until they are all covered evenly.
- Set the wings in the air fry basket and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes.
- ‘Nuff said! Plate up some of those Closed On Sunday Wings and enjoy!