Here is my take on one of my all-time favorites, Sesame Pepper Wings. My marinade is heavy on the sesame oil and wings cooked sous vide, then air fried with baking powder for a crispy finish. This recipe takes time, so plan if you want to try it.
Gather the ingredients.
- 7-9 Whole Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. White Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Hickory Smoked Salt
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Ninja Foodi Grill or Oven
Let’s go to work.
- Rinse wings and place a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the baking powder, and combine well.
- Add the marinade to the bag of wings, move everything around to coat the wings evenly, place in the refrigerator overnight, flipping the bag occasionally.
- The next day, cook the wings sous vide at 160°F for two hours.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, and remove the wings, placing them in a bowl.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi Grill to “Air Fry” at 400 °F; however, you can also do this in the oven.
- Sprinkle in half of the baking powder and toss wings to coat. Repeat with the remaining baking powder until they are all covered evenly.
- Set the wings in the air fry basket, and let them cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes.
- ‘Nuff said! Pull those Sesame Pepper Wings out of the Foodi/oven, let them cool and enjoy naked or with a sauce of your choice!