These Smoked Trout Burnt Ends are cubed pieces of trout seasoned, smoked on my Ninja Woodfire Grill, then covered in a BBQ glaze to create some flavorful bite-sized nuggets.
Gather the ingredients.
- 1 lb. Trout, skin off, diced into large cubes
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- Ninja Woodfire Grill
Let’s go to work.
- Season the cubed trout on all sides with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub.
- Preheat the Ninja Woodfire Grill to “Smoke” at 250 °F.
- Place the cubes in the air fry basket and space evenly to allow smoke to flow around each piece.
- Smoke until the trout reaches an internal temperature of 125 °F.
- When the trout reaches 125 °F, remove the rack from the smoker and place the cubes in a bowl and glaze with barbecue sauce.
- Return the cubed trout to the rack and continue smoking until they reach an internal temperature of 140 °F.
- ‘Nuff said! Plate up some of those Smoked Trout Burnt Ends and enjoy!